Sunday, January 1, 2012

From the Beginning

I don't think it's a coincidence that I am writing about a brand new journey, from the very beginning stages, on the beginning day of the year (well, with 8 minutes left of the first day of the year).

Tim and I have been praying for a long time about being led to adopt another child but of course we did what we always do.  How can we do this?  What will it cost?  Where do we start?  Will we have enough room?  How will the boys handle it?  Are we ready?  And so on...and so on...and so on...and so on...this has been going on for quite awhile.  We knew the journey God was leading us on, but continued to act like children by asking how, why, when, where...and the infamous "are we there yet".  Only a few short hours ago, we just finished a devotion with the boys about obediently following and God will reveal His plan along the way.  I thank God for speaking to me at EVERY devotion I have with the boys.  So these are the beginning stages of the journey God is leading us on as we open our hearts and home to another child. 

My prayer:
Lord, I pray that you will continue to speak through our family devotions to each one of us.  Please lead every step we take.  I pray that our family will grow in your love and that your love will overflow to others around us.  Thank you Lord for what you have already done.  In Jesus' precious name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I'm speachless, I had no idea you were considering another child. You guys are great parents and as long as God is the head of your family this future Winnett will be blessed. Are you leaning toward a girl?

    ReplyDelete