Monday, July 9, 2012

Apparently I'm not the best with blogging since there are months between postings!  So let's play quick catch-up:

~Tim and I continued to be on the fence about domestic vs international adoption.
~We contacted people locally, including lawyers and DFS, to get more information while also continuing to have discussions with international agencies.
~We began to pray about the option of foster care.
~I traveled to DR Congo on a mission trip for two weeks sharing Christ's love with orphans and the people we met (we couldn't use our words since we didn't know the language so God had to show us that there are other ways to show His love.  I loved this because it really emphasized that we shouldn't just "talk the talk" but we should "walk the walk"!) 
~Tim and I finished the DFS application and will be mailing it.

I'm probably missing some things.  Tim and I shake our heads at the fact that God has presented some things and provided the opportunities and we drag our feet trying to understand each step or specific details when we should just be following without question. 

My prayer:
Please forgive us for dragging our feet in your plan.  I thank you for opening our eyes to your will for caring for orphans.  Although we try to understand each detail, I pray that we will trust you completely and not stall because our questions.  Lord, we are here to glorify you and serve you and I pray that our lives are always reflective of this no matter where you lead this family. 
In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment